abstract engineer blogspot

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - An Update

Posted on 19:08 by hony
I have come to the conclusion that the Crydom D1D12 relay is unsuitable (I believe it is actually rated for 100VDC, not AC), burnt out, or both. Upon connection to AC wall power, it immediately tries to power the heating element. Upon putting 5 volts to the DC side of the relay, it pulls so much amperage through the element that the water actually visibly swirls from the convection, and the lights in my garage dim. I have wisely disconnected it. I believe I will be replacing it with a Sharp S108T01, which is rated at 120 VAC, 8 Amps.
When I run it, I see no visible signs that it is overloading the circuit. Tomorrow I'll borrow a multimeter from work to find out just how much power is going through the circuit.


_
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • 5 Years
    Five years ago tomorrow I started this blog. I was working at a job I didn't particularly like nor found mentally fulfilling, and the bl...
  • TAE's DIY Iron Man Arc Reactor
    So I got the itch to create. With Halloween coming up, and the Iron Man 2 DVD release last week, I felt compelled to finally get off my hind...
  • Innovation and Harry Potter
    Surely J.K. Rowling didn't realize she was an innovator when she imagined the magic portraits of Harry Potter's universe. But nevert...
  • More on Modeling the Human Brain with Computers
    I was pleased (humbled?) to get a polite and not-angry response from Timothy B. Lee in regards to his dissent that we can model the human br...
  • I should read this post to myself every day.
    Father Forgets, by Livingston Larned Listen, son: I am saying this as you lie asleep, one little paw crumpled under your cheek and the blond...
  • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part III: The Schematic
    Alright, there's not really an easy way for me to do this because my skills at drawing schematics are incredibly terrible, so in this ca...
  • That Sarcos Iron Man Suit We Never Hear About Anymore
    An update  on the Sarcos Exoskeleton I mentioned : "With a tethered power source, you could likely see [the exoskeleton deployed] withi...
  • Hack The Body
    I have a short lunch today so I must be brief, but I wanted to point to these two articles, both published today: Monkey controls robot hand...
  • Holy Cow What A Pinhead: Gas Tax Edition
    Logan Penza : A gas tax increase doesn’t kidney punch consumers as much as in previous years.  When gas was $1.75 a gallon, a gas tax incre...
  • A Failed Take-Down of Robin Hanson
    If you ever disagree with someone on a subject , and want to write a counterargument, the first thing you should do is argue semantics. Or a...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (41)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2012 (91)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (205)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (32)
      • Evolutionary Difficulties
      • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part VI: Ambr...
      • Your Phone vs. Occam's Razor
      • Because it's "4/20" - A quick word on drug legaliz...
      • Quote for the Day
      • Deep Thought
      • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part V: The S...
      • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part IV: Images
      • On Birtherism, Ctd
      • Curbing College Costs by Ending University Athletics
      • On Birtherism
      • The Future Loses
      • A Better Way To Cut College Costs
      • Curbing College Costs
      • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - An Update
      • In which I have to disagree with Jonah Lehrer, yet...
      • The Giving Tree/Charlie Bucket's Grandpa
      • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part III: The...
      • Vanity
      • Emo Moment of the Day
      • Matt Yglesias
      • Gas Tax, Ctd
      • Holy Cow What A Pinhead: Gas Tax Edition
      • The Fallacy of Oil Prices Spurring Mass Transit
      • TAE's DIY Steampunk Goggles
      • The Ethics of (not) Voting, Ctd
      • The Ryan Plan
      • Modern Non-fiction
      • The Internet on Your Brain
      • A New Environmental Policy
      • Why I'm Quitting Blogging, Ctd.
      • Why I'm Quitting Blogging
    • ►  March (24)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  2010 (163)
    • ►  December (20)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (23)
    • ►  September (28)
    • ►  August (28)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (15)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

hony
View my complete profile