abstract engineer blogspot

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Gates on Defense

Posted on 11:32 by hony
So apparently Bob Gates says that if we want to cut the Defense budget, we need to end the war in Afghanistan first.
Which seems logical.
However he suggests we do this around 2015, when we are "scheduled" to get out of Afghanistan.

TAE has a better solution: just pack up and leave, now. Right now. Right freaking now.

Remember when we fought in Vietnam for a decade, and then we left, and everyone was afraid communism was going to sweep across the globe, it was the most evil of all evils...and then communism didn't go anywhere, and it didn't spread across the globe?

Um, I don't have a PhD in anything, especially not geopolitics, but I have to wonder: if the U.S. of A. just walked out of Afghanistan today, and let the radical Islam (you know, that evil above all modern evils) have the country...would radical Islam sweep across the globe? Or would it stall, just like Communism, and never much threaten the U.S. again?


_
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • 5 Years
    Five years ago tomorrow I started this blog. I was working at a job I didn't particularly like nor found mentally fulfilling, and the bl...
  • TAE's DIY Iron Man Arc Reactor
    So I got the itch to create. With Halloween coming up, and the Iron Man 2 DVD release last week, I felt compelled to finally get off my hind...
  • Innovation and Harry Potter
    Surely J.K. Rowling didn't realize she was an innovator when she imagined the magic portraits of Harry Potter's universe. But nevert...
  • More on Modeling the Human Brain with Computers
    I was pleased (humbled?) to get a polite and not-angry response from Timothy B. Lee in regards to his dissent that we can model the human br...
  • I should read this post to myself every day.
    Father Forgets, by Livingston Larned Listen, son: I am saying this as you lie asleep, one little paw crumpled under your cheek and the blond...
  • TAE's DIY Arduino Sous Vide Cooker - Part III: The Schematic
    Alright, there's not really an easy way for me to do this because my skills at drawing schematics are incredibly terrible, so in this ca...
  • That Sarcos Iron Man Suit We Never Hear About Anymore
    An update  on the Sarcos Exoskeleton I mentioned : "With a tethered power source, you could likely see [the exoskeleton deployed] withi...
  • Hack The Body
    I have a short lunch today so I must be brief, but I wanted to point to these two articles, both published today: Monkey controls robot hand...
  • Holy Cow What A Pinhead: Gas Tax Edition
    Logan Penza : A gas tax increase doesn’t kidney punch consumers as much as in previous years.  When gas was $1.75 a gallon, a gas tax incre...
  • A Failed Take-Down of Robin Hanson
    If you ever disagree with someone on a subject , and want to write a counterargument, the first thing you should do is argue semantics. Or a...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (41)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2012 (91)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (205)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (18)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (32)
    • ►  March (24)
    • ▼  February (16)
      • TAE's Fantasy World, Ctd
      • Boeing Wins, again.
      • TAE's Fantasy World
      • Echoes can be louder than the original voice
      • offensive post
      • My Dad Makes a Good Point About Human Brain Ineffi...
      • Friday Poetry Burst
      • The Fallacy That Non-Participation Disqualifies Cr...
      • Watson and the Future of the Human-Machine Interface
      • Gates on Defense
      • Deep Thought
      • The "Let's Slash the EPA but Increase Defense Spen...
      • Climate Science vs. Climate Economics
      • The People Who Make Sustainability Impossible, Ctd
      • The People Who Make Sustainability Impossible
      • Quote for the Day
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  2010 (163)
    • ►  December (20)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (23)
    • ►  September (28)
    • ►  August (28)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (15)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

hony
View my complete profile